Thread: MobileRead August 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Sci-Fi edged out Speculative Fiction for the win. I'm glad to see that Sci-Fi made the cut, but I think a month for Speculative Fiction would also be nice, as well as months for Short Stories, Humor, and Free-For-All.

Hey—that's four perfect categories for the remaining four months!
I agree with you about Speculative Fiction. It's a good category to contain Fantasy, Horror, Alternative History, Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic - and to sneak in another Sci-Fi if we must.

I could live without Humor and Short Stories. But I'm sure I'll survive if they make it in there.

Still hoping to get some kind of indie in there. I've been recently favouring the MobileRead Authors nomination as I think it gives everything a nice "homey" feeling. We could even invite the author to participate which could add value to the discussion.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote