Thread: CM7 Backup
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #13
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
If you do a backup using the imaging technique then your backup image will be the same size as the device ( SD card) that you made an image of. If you want to save some storage space you can ZIP the image after it is created.
There is also another characteristic of the imaging backup technique you should probably be aware of. If you make an image of a 4GB SD card, and later restore that image to a larger SD card, the larger SD card will become a 4GB SD card too. That can be fixed with a different set of software tools, so you just need to be aware of it.
So if I make a backup image of my current 8gb SD card to my PC, would I be able to take That image and put it on say a 4 gb card?
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote