Thread: CM7 Backup
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Can you be more specific for me and point me to the exact software you used?

ie: Is this the Winimage you used http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm

At the beginning of this thread anamardoll mentioned using WinImage to initially create the CM7 SD card, so I just suggested using it do do backups as well. I had never used that particular disk imaging program myself, so I downloaded it and tried it. The link that you posted is the correct one for the program that I downloaded. The particular file that I downloaded was winima85.zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
ie: what diskimage software, I have Win32DiskImager.exe

A google search for diskimage didn't produce anything specific for me
OK, I downloaded and tried your Win32DiskImager.exe program, and it can also create a backup image of the CM7 SD card. Win32DiskImager.exe is quite a bit simpler program than WinImage, but both can read and write backup images containing multiple partitions. WinImage has a nice feature that alows you to browse through the backup image that you create, and it can even browse through a backup image created by Win32DiskImager.exe.

So, it looks like you could use either one to create and restore a backup image of a CM7 installation that you like.

I will be offline for a few days starting soon, so I hope you have the info that you need to make your own backup image.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote