View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Ok, just for excrement and merriment, I made a test folder on my desktop. I went to properties and hid it. All that happened was it faded onscreen but was still there.

I "unhid" it and copied a couple of Word files that were in easy reach and pasted them into the test folder. I then went to propertiesnand hid it. I got a second pop up menus asking if I wanted to hide the folder only or the folder and all contents. I hid all contents and the test folder disappeared. What happened to it and how can I unhide it? If a program needed to access those hidden files, would it be able to find them? Btw, hiding the folder only just faded the folder.
Hidden files and folders just can't be browsed to (or Windows would not work )
You must know the exact name (and Path) to use a hidden file.

The reason, the folder "faded" is you have windows show hidden folders and files, otherwise it would just disappear.

Permissions, allows you to control who can see or use files/folders.. not the same as hide-show.

Now, there may be a way that Calibre could (somewhat) control the library folder. (client-server)

The Calibre backend Process is owned by the User: calibre
The user (you) GUI is allowed to control the process, which reads and writes to the folder owned by Calibre.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote