View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Note: I cannot uninstall Kite's screensaver hack or even Kite itself via the /ondrop folder method listed on the first post. To uninstall them, I had to manually input the commands listed in the script (which you can do using either a Kindle terminal, such as myts, or via usbnetwork). Oddly, Kite's usbnetwork hack does seem to install and uninstall correctly (after several attempts), but not the others. I would be fine to uninstall it just as I did the others, manually, but since the script itself cannot open in a text editor on my Linux machine for some reason, I couldn't.

Anybody know why those things don't work for me?

Also, For those that test out Kite's screensaver hack while already having the Custom Screensaver Hack installed: the screensaver.sh script, if installed and then not successfully removed, (note, installation will copy all /mnt/us/linkss/screensavers to screen_savers folder), it will completely disable the Custom Screensaver Hack. Unfortunately I was unable to uninstall the screensaver.sh script by copying it to the /ondrop folder. However, was able to manually input the commands via myts terminal (or using a computer via usbnetwork). Same goes with how I was finally able to uninstall Kite (the /ondrop instructions just didn't work for me for the screensavers and kite itself).

The problem lies in 'cd /opt/amazon && rm screen_saver && mv screen_saver.bak screen_saver && mv /mnt/us/screen_savers /mnt/us/screen_savers_uninstalled' commands, which, unless done, (which needs to be inputed either via the /ondrop method, or manually), before the Custom Screensavers Hack will work again.

Last edited by inameiname; 02-23-2012 at 08:15 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote