View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #99
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@mycurlylocks Personally, I have a bit of an aversion to lite and crippled versions of apps....

In a perfect world, I'd find an alternative way to make Marvin sustainable and keep it free forever. Any ideas are more than welcome.
Lite and crippled versions are often horrible, depending entirely on how its done... however... for people to get a feel for the app before dropping the dollars, I think its probably worthwhile. A lite version would, for example, have a restricted set of options. Say, only 5 fonts. No dropbox integration. That kind of thing. And theres always the option for iAds, and having those removed in the paid version.

I would have paid $10 for Stanza, in the past. I have often paid up to $5 for a reader app only to discover later that I hated it. $2.99 (which would end up being $3.49 in Australia in spite of the fact that our dollar has been above parity with the USD for the past year) is doable, but $1.99 would get more sales. eg: Sell 10 copies at $2.99, or sell 50 at $1.99. Which is best. You'll get a lot more sales at a lower pricepoint.