View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Metadata Comments Field - How to best tweak the html?

Greetings,

I've been enjoying tweaking my books in Sigil and getting them close to perfect for the way I read. I've learned heaps in the sort time I've had my Kobo Glo.

However, one thing I have trouble with is the metadata comment area of Calibre. I insert a "Synopsis: Blurb" and a "About Author blurb."

Sometimes the "Details" screen of my Kobo Glo shows it as I expect, other-times the text is way too small. There is also not a space between the heading like I expect...

I have tried removing the formatting, changing the style etc. I usually dump all the text in notepad to remove all the formatting before re-inserting. I still haven't spotted the correct sequence to get it right. Often the heading is way to small and the blurb is correct, then it is the reverse on the next book. (Yet it all looks right in Calibre?)

Also, I can't find this info in Sigil using the Metadata editor. Should it be their (Yes...I update the epub metadata file with the Modify Epub plugin first). Lots of other info is there.

Can Sigil tweak this info. What controls the html output of the metadata? Or is this all done it calibre - like do I have to manually code all the html source view?

Appreciate the help.
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote