View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Here's a question for you all.

As you may have noticed, I'm a big fan of detective stories. I've "done" Sherlock Holmes for the Reader, done "Raffles", done "Father Brown". Question is, who else is there to "do" that's out of copyright (at least somewhere in the world)?

I notice that Dorothy L. Sayers died in 1957, which means that her stuff will be eligible for PG Australia next year ("Lord Peter Wimsey" stories). There are a few out-of-copyright Agatha Christies I could tackle too.

Who am I missing? There must be some detective authors who died before 1950 or so, mustn't there? Any thoughts?

All suggestions gratefully received!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote