View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #38
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh12345 View Post
I suggest that everybody just chill on the ethical question. Amazon sells these knowing that the clickthrough rate will be low and that a certain number of people will reconfigure ('hack') them to skip the ads.

If I skip TV commercials, have I behaved unethicially?
I think the question of ad removal will become more prevalent as we move into the new era.

Consider this, the Firefox web browser is used by about 20% of those who use browsers. Firefox is made by the Mozilla Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes openness, innovation and participation on the Internet. If the next version of Firefox were to come preinstalled with adblock plus, what do you think would happen?