View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #54
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I'm going to be a dissenter, here. I see no need for an audiobook forum. Audio books are books. Yes, the narrator changes the experience, but it's still a book. I can happily discuss them in any thread or forum they appear in. When I want to talk about bargains, they happily belong in the bargains forum. When I want to talk about what I'm reading or what I thought of what I just read, they belong in Recommendations. And when there's news about them, they belong in News or possibly General.

Full disclosure: I happen to think that overfragmentation of fora makes it harder to find things, not easier. And our current level of activity doesn't overly push threads out of visibility, IME.
I can see what you're saying, but while audiobooks might be books, they're a specialized subset of books. I think topics related specifically to audiobooks would easily be crowded out in the other forums. I also think that a dedicated area is not just for the convenience of those of us who enjoy audiobooks, but would make it easier for people who don't give a darn about them to avoid the topics.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote