View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I was just about to report a nbsp problem with Sigil 0.6.2 when I spotted this thread. Does anyone know whether a solution is likely in the short term?

The only workaround I can think of is to
  1. explode epub -- find/replace all occurrences of unicode nbsp char with some other 'uncommon' char string -- rebuild epub.
  2. load epub into Sigil to do originally planned changes -- save.
  3. reverse changes from step 1, to put nbsp back again.
Has anyone found a better workaround?

As it stands, epubs created by authors who have used 'nbsp empty paragraphs', rather than proper css styles, to create scenebreaks etc, are pretty much unusable in Sigil without some kind of pre-/post-processing.

I can give more detail and sample epub if necessary.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote