View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #240
qmast2002
qmast2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
qmast2002, a couple of questions.

First, what update are you trying to use?

Second, are you sure the you have a good download of the update.zip file and if you are using pablob rc3 file have you unzipped it and read the instructions inside?

Well, I truly appreciate all of the well wishes from others on this forum. It makes me want to give it a few more tries. I think I'll start by going to a store and buying a few USB sticks starting at 256MB on up and getting a few different brands to really give it a good shot....In terms of answering the above questions:

I've tried the dustyfeet updates, the GoldenAllmine update, the p.e. original updates, really - I've tried a few different ones....
In terms of "what update are you trying to use?" - that brings up a very good question I've been wanting to ask....

What steps or updates should one follow when trying to have access to the apps market? For example, in my case.....I have a DINGO-1.8 system (something that I've not seen others with on this forum so it makes me wonder if I have a weird system), Firmware version of 1.6, Kernel version of 2.6.29 witha buildmaster@zeke #4....What should be the first step I should take ? Should I update from Dingo to *-----* - or downgrade from DINGO to *-----*, and then update from that to *-----*, etc......

I'm trying my best to follow -what to update to-when your system is such and such.....I was under the impression that whatever system you're on (DINGO 1.6, DINGO 1.8, etc.)- you can just do an update (allmine, ermine, etc.) and your PE would then be switched over to it. Something tells me I'm not understanding it all correctly...
qmast2002 is offline   Reply With Quote