View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelar View Post
it seems that if i connect the kobo to 0.9.1 version after sending books with 0.9.3, in some way calibre cleans some data and just after that i can see the books in calibre 0.9.3 (sometimes correctly displayed also in library and not only in device)

Unfortunately i have saved the wrong metadata.calibre (different book) after connecting to 0.9.1
Let me check something:

- Using 0.9.3 to copy a book to the device, disconnect the device and reconnect, and the book doesn't show in the list
- Connect the same device to 0.9.1 and the device list does show the book.
- Then go back to 0.9.3 and the books are shown in the device list.

Is that correct?

OK, I've just gone back and looked at the log you posted in the bug report. The errors in the log are the problem. Because of them, the details of the books getting read properly from the device, hence they aren't in the device list and they don't get into the metadata.calibre file. When you used 0.9.1, this worked correctly and the metadata.calibre holds valid details for each book. When you go back to 0.9.3, the it reads the valid metadata.calibre, uses a different code path and avoids the bug. Then the books are displayed in the device list correctly.

If I am correct about the scenario, I have a fix. I just need to little more testing to prove it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote