Thread: Buy kobo glow?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #20
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I bought a Kobo Mini today and I am in love.

Compared to the T1:

Slightly whiter screen.

More responsive touch screen with no double page turns so far and no double undos. Of course no page turn button, but I am dealing with that surprisingly well.

Changing fonts, font size and margins seems easier.

Changing line spacing is a wonderful feature which I haven't seen on the T1.

Light and more pleasant to hold.

Collextion (bookshelf) support is pretty good and I am sure it will get better.

Screen is smaller, but page turning is so much faster and less flickery, that I can live with that.

I have been a devoted Sony fan for over 3 years and I still think they were top of the line until last year. Even my T1 was reasonably well behaved for months before returning to the double page turns, multiple page turns, whirring arrows, random crashes, weird backward skipping etc. Even so I was dealing with them, but now I feel like the proverbial person getting hit over the head with a hammer. Feels so good when it stops.

Of course I have only read 111 pages, but I tried two books that were problematic on the T1 just to see and so far smooth as silk.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote