View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #256
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
It would be a start if it were true!

I've never seen multiple readers in a bookstore. The closest, Target (not a bookstore) briefly had the Kindle and Sony Reader in stock at the same time when they transitioned to Kindle-only. Now they have neither in-store!

But as the largest brick-and-mortar bookseller in the US has their own e-Reader, the Nook, they have no incentive to put other models in-store. That damned lock-in keeps variety out of the bookstore and out of the question.

-Pie
Oops. I think it was Target the person in a thread I was reading (looking at impressions of a booklight) was talking about. Sorry!

I haven't been to any electronics retailers lately so I can't say if our equivalent (Currys or Comet) is any better.
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote