View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Perhaps offer the following 3 options if a database can't be found:

1) shut down and change nothing (allow you to fix the problem in the future, reboot if necessary, etc)
2) rescan for the database (allowing you to turn that HD/network location on)
3) continue and create a new database in the default location (the current option)

It took me a minute to figure out what had happened when my 'event' happened, with a tiny bit of panic involved. Once the problem is determined, sure it's an easy fix, but I'm thinking it would be nice to avoid those moments completely in the future.

Not something that will stress me out now, but perhaps something to consider for the future...
I realize that Calibre can not always know what kind of device the Library is stored upon (re: item 2).
Having a "What to do" option, sort of like a reverse of what Windows (gasp) auto-play does when a removable media is inserted. An "Always Ask" for the folk that run multiple libraries
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote