View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #51
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

The other concern I would have is that if this, f207657a-2b88-4763-95db-f37c0e536782, is an example of aforesaid uuid, it would create filenames much longer than I had in mind. Perfect for internal usage but no more meaningful to a user than my current basic calibre_covernn.jpg

I)
ouch - let's not go there. I vote to stay with calibre_covernn.

I think now that 99 is plenty - reasoning that only one cover is used per sleep cycle, so a daily sleep would take 3+ months to cycle thru all 99 - and if my maths is up-to-speed you'd expect to go 50 sleep cycles on average before seeing the same cover twice via random selection.

that's surely enough variety; fans of cover art would doubtless have started some new books & changed their cover sets anyway within that period.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote