Thread: Ebook Piracy
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 09:02 PM   #122
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I am aware of your viewpoint, but I think that it's both morally and legally wrong. I can always hope to persuade you of the error of your ways in time .
I'm quite capable of changing my mind, but pretending you haven't heard what I've already said isn't going to do it. Persistently repeating the same arguments isn't going to do it, either. (Suggesting that I think I'm entitled to a hardcover book because I own an ebook does both.)

If you'd really like to change my mind, come up with a new way of explaining your point of view. There's not much point in debating the legal issues, as we live in different countries with quite different legal perspectives on this issue. But if you want to discuss morality, I'm still listening. You might, for example, start by considering whether there are any circumstances whatsoever in which it would be acceptable to receive a book from someone else without paying for it. Perhaps if we can define both ends of the moral spectrum it will be possible to find some common middle ground.

If, on the other hand, you're not interested in finding common middle ground or seeing if perhaps in some ways you might be overstating your position, just as I might be, then there's no point in further discussion on this subject, and it might be better if we each simply ignore each other's posts in this area.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote