View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 06:05 PM   #7
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
My daughter uses the 2017 version (T380) of the 8 inch Tab A which has the same screen resolution as the T387 you mention. I have used it a bit and have never noticed any issue with the screen resolution. I have not found any resolution problem with any reputable LCD tablet - e ink (and printed paper), because of its poor contrast and high illuminance requirements, dependence on reflectivity and its "pixel" structure is going to be much more dependent on pitch than the likes of LCD and OLED.

I gave up on my use of e ink readers some time back once smaller tablets became commonly available (and I used LCD PDAs prior to e ink readers); most recently I have been using a 10.1 inch and now a 10.5 inch Tab A which have a pixel pitches of around 212 - 220 (so a little higher than the T830/T837) - one would have to be real fanatical pixel peeper disengaged from the reality of use to claim their resolution is deficient for reading.

The higher priced AMOLED Samsungs are very nice but I could not justify the price against the nicer display for a device predominantly used for reading.

Last edited by AnotherCat; 02-06-2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Corrected ppi, somehow na 5 had sneaked in instead of a 2
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote