View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Great posting by the way. I am wondering where I am getting the paper to make a little flag for my light. I did order black Gaffing tape I found for $6 on Amazon. Very pricey for larger quantity. I may use that as a decal to block any glare instead of DecalGirl. Gaffing tape is suppose to not leave residue. We will see. The cover will be here today.
Thank you.

I don't think a regular gaffing/felt tape would leave residue on the cover's light arm, the hard plastic on the light arm seems quite resilient. I wouldn't put any tape on the softer plastic or leather parts, though, of course - but for this you don't need to either. That's the beauty of it, just a small thing on the light arm.

Personally I used a very small piece of regular two-sided tape, the kind you use with paper, just a double-sided variant (by Scotch, 3M, somebody like that...). Comes off very well too from the light arm, even after time, not a problem. I have done this with the black cover, I don't know if the grey-inside colored covers would reach any different, but as far as I remember they too use hard plastic on the light arm, so probably not a problem there either.

The cardboard I used came from a local crafts store. I'm sure in many places they sell such cardboard in crafts stores, hobby stores, paper stores, bookstores, the kind of place where you'd take your kids to buy pens, paper, coloring stuffs...

I bought a large sheet of black cardboard and then just used sharp scissors to cut small parts to try different sizes.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote