View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
@Wordwalker: I simply put the books on with my file manager -- windows explorer, say. On the Pocketbook I can simply browse the directory structure (and Calibre's obligatory directory structure is *not* a great help, in that respect).
Calibre is a great tool for managing ebooks, but you have to use it correctly. If you are using Windows explorer to drag files from Calibre's private directory structure to your ereader, it's like using a hammer by holding the head, striking the nail with the handle and complaining that the tool isn't much of a help in driving nails.

Please learn to use it correctly. Save to Disk or Send to Device, or even the Send to Folder Device will do what you want, and it will actually help you, not hinder you, the way trying to directly access Calibre's private folder structure does.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote