View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #48
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
What about technical publications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M T McGuire View Post
With you all the way! DRM is pants and pointless and as a user, I hate it with a passion, I would feel thoroughly hypocritical foisting it on my own readers. The only reason I can see, for having that kind of meanness of spirit with your ideas is because they are drying up. There are plenty more where mine came from so...
Do you guys feel this is true for technical publications as well or does this apply mostly to fiction and literature? I'm about 60% of the way through a training manual for a highly specialized computer software.

Knowledgable people in this occupational area are in VERY high demand and due to the high cost of just buying the software, there is almost no 3rd party support for training. And few opportunities for self learning.

I'm thinking that modestly priced training materials would be useful for small to mid-sized companies who have spent all their budget on software acquisition and don't have enough money left in the budget to train all their employees.

Will I be giving my knowledge away if there is no DRM in this case? It would seem to me that without protection of some sort, I will be not only destroying any profits from book sales, but reducing the value of my own expertise in this field by creating people capable of doing my job.

Any thoughts on this sort of situation?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote