View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by modkindle View Post
I use calibre and dropbox together and made a big mistake and although I still have all of my books, my calibre can't find them. I tried to add another computer to the dropbox and calibre and have both computers have access to the same library. It seems to have written two metadata.db files and messed everything up. Is there any way for me to replace the metadata.db file with the correct one so I don't have to add all 607 books again and edit the metadate for them?

Thank you so much. I hope my question makes sense, as I am not very technical.
Someone here will help you. Just don't delete any copies of your metadata.db or overwrite any. If your books are still in your library (and they almost certainly are), all you will have to do is put the correct metadata.db back into the library. That will get you most of your books back (any added after the problem occurred probably will need to be added again.) There are several dropbox experts here, and you should be able to recover conflict files.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote