Thread: video in epub
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 01:18 PM   #52
pittendrigh
Connoisseur
pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pittendrigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Please stop telling us about your online boat-building instructional video business. Your links and posts are almost always borderline spam.
My last participation was more than a year ago. You remember more about me than I do.

Yes link rot is a problem. Solutions will evolve. I see on other forums a few new rounds of "how to I do video" questions have popped up recently.

I gave an answer that works. Start with sigil, finish up with a text editor. Then re-zip. Boom. It works in some readers and not in others. Support will increase over time.
That is a given.

Spam? Point taken. Next time I'll use the third person. That (people I know) actually use and make money with embedded video is a valid point. Also what I did say (in the past) is not in anyway SPAM because I did not say were said transactions occur. You have no idea where it happens.

When ever the "embedded video" subject comes up a veritable avalanche of negativity inevitably happens. But other authors (this time I won't say who) are not only doing it now but are also profiting from it. That is not only a valid but also a substantive point.

Video is a gathering evolution that cannot be stopped. Video is bad news for some and good news for others. It is coming at us--whether we like it or not.

Last edited by pittendrigh; 10-06-2021 at 01:21 PM.
pittendrigh is offline   Reply With Quote