View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Late, but I have one of these, got it for c. $100 back in 2001/2002. It seems to be dead now since it never boots when turned on, just a blank white screen.

So, I went back to using my Palm IIIx (upgraded with TRG's XTRA XTRA PRO 8MB RAM/4MB FLASH), and my Franklin Ebookman EBM-911 (have the bad cap, such that I have to restore every time that I change batteries). Also have a few other handhelds, Handspring Prism, Sony Clie n730, Casio E-110 (IIRC), and a may as well be dead Compaq iPaq(original shipment, 64MB FLASH(instead of 32MB because of FLASH shortage), battery dead as usual -- crappy Compaq).

Can't stand using the color devices for reading, and mainly use the Palm because a) it's monochrome, it can hold a fair number of book, and I used it from when I bought it (1998 IIRC) until I got the REB-1100. Use the REB-1100 all of the time until it died, and had considered, recently, buying the re-badged units from Fictionwise but didn't care for the sounds of the OS they replaced the Rocket OS with(both are half-baked of course).

So now I'm down to looking at Astak EZ Readers and the SOny PRS-700BC (because I think that I'll miss the touch screen after having one on every single device that I've used as a reader to date). (Hanlin v9 sounds too bulky, too bad the v3 update would be plus touchscreen instead of plus WiFi...)
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote