Thread: video in epub
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #46
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've always avoided list elements like the plague when ebook building. They always seemed more trouble than they were worth to me. So I'm curious what the historic issue was that you're referring to?
Hi, Diap:

ul and ol in K7 have always worked, as long as they are at the left-margin, and not indented at all. At the left margin, the word-wrap for the second line of any list elements aligns. However, once you indented a list, by whatever means (margins, blockquotes, you name it) it wouldn't align the wrapped words (using ol or ul); it would create a hanging indent that would up- and down-size with the font, so that the hang would always move a little bit left, or a little bit right, and never really be properly aligned on the vertical plane. I had clients that went absolutely hysterical over this. If I've explained it once, I have, literally, explained it several hundred times in the last 4 years. The reality is, no one cares, except of course the author. But we do many non-fiction titles, with extended outline format content, and not being able to reliably use indented ol/ul has been a giant PITA.

The 2.5.1 announcement simply said "resolves K7 issues with numbered and bulleted lists," or words to that effect, so I'm guessing that the "can't be attractively indented" ul/ol issue is resolved. On the other hand, I could be full of poo. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote