View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #71
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
How do you connect to the internet w/o a modem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
I think he meant that he does not have a dial-up modem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
Pilot BOb, you do have a modem or you wouldn't be posting here. You might have a cable modem or a DSL modem or even a Cellular modem.
Sorry, you are incorrect. I do not have a modem. I have a fiber optic connection... from the router all the way to the Verizon switching office. It is 100% digital.

A modem is a modulator/demodulator which takes the digital signal from the PC/Network and modulates it to travel over the analog/voice POTS phone system. On the other end it demodulates the incoming signal and converts it back to digital.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote