View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #174
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
He's made the concordance. What he's working on is a script/app to run on his Kindle Fire (an android device) that will tell the Kindle app to open the book at any particular location, so that his app can open the book at (say) page 304, doing the translation from page number to location for him.

I suspect he'd be better off looking into how Amazon handles their 'real page numbers' instead.
Ok, yes, I think we are talking apples and oranges. From my perspective, what I think of is: how does this get sold through Amazon? I guess the answer is, it gets sold/vended as an appurtenant app to the actual mobi, as it can't be sold via the KDP process. That's where my trolley was leaving the tracks.

Yes, I know why he's working on it. We get requests like this from groups (ACA, particularly) that has a handbook in both forms, and has study groups that have this issue; when the group moderator wants to refer to a given passage (5th paragraph on page 221), etc.; what we've stuck with is, quote the first 4 words. That always works, even though I'd be the first to agree that searching on a K2 is pretty slow going. ;-) The typing part, rather than the search itself. I don't see easy answers for this on any digital media that isn't PDF, myself.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote