View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #80
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuallee View Post
Put me in the camp of flitting from genre to genre (mystery/Thriller, History, "Modern Lit" Sci-fi/Fantasy) and rarely if ever reading two books in the same series back to back. Have to have my variety.
That's me. I never read them back to back. I have over 20 series that I have started. Some I may never get back to.

Word & the Void was mentioned several pages back. I started the first one and had to force myself to finish it. I found it boring and will not read the next two. Undecided if I will read any more. I read Sword of Shanara in middle school, and several following books, but nothing by him in many years (having switched from sf/f to romance). I may re-read Sword of Shanara. I still have my original paper back copy!

I am anal about reading series in order, however it doesn't have to be in publication order. I have re-read almost the entire Anne McCaffrey Pern series in chronological order (not including the ones her son was in on), and am doing the same thing with MZB's Darkover series. I had read all of them decades ago. They were published all out of order, chronologically. I don't like that!
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote