View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #21591
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
So...

We went to get a live tree to put up this past weekend. I mean, really, between 2-3 weeks before Christmas is normal for a live tree, right? Well, the tree lots had slim pickings and we asked about their next shipment. The answer: "No, our Christmas ordering is over with."

What? Christmas ordering is over with? And not just live trees. Lights and other Christmas decorations are almost non-existent in any of our local stores. We were driven by desperation to actually go in a Wal-Mart. What did we find there? The netting lights you throw over the bushes in your front yard. That was it.

We finally located some lights for our tree to replace the old and worn strands from prior years, but only after a long day of searching. And we were not the only ones. There were many others pretty much hopping from store-to-store along with us on our search.

You know what? If the stores would not put out all of their Christmas merchandise before Halloween they wouldn't have to watch it just sit on the shelves for nearly two months and then they might be willing to order extra when the Christmas Season actually arrives!!!!

* pant, pant *

Whew, I'm OK. I'm OK.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote