View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #35
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Actually, I don't agree. If I connect my Touch to my PC and copy a book to it, that is the book I am most likely to open when I start reading again.

The other problem with this is that I have several books on my Touch that I started a while ago, but not finished. I probably won't finish them, but haven't removed them. If I finish the current books, I don't want these to suddenly appear on the home screen. The most recently added books make more sense.
Well that makes more sense to you. You can't have everything. In any case, with your above scenario (and bearing in mind the limitations of the screen) what would be wrong with having the Home screen able to toggle between recent reads (ie those books you have actually had open recently) and recent additions? Wouldn't that satisfy everyone, even those with fairly unusual reading habits?

Are you really advocating the notion that a current, open, unfinished read should be removed from the Home screen by recent additions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I always think of this as "Recently fiddled with".
That's what it is, but that's not what it's called. Personally, I see limited appeal for a "recently fiddled with" list over a recently read list...
markino is offline   Reply With Quote