View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
No, you don't lose your warranty (this is a common question on the iRex forum). I think the sentence in the link was just written poorly.

Everything I've ever seen/heard from iRex in the past has always said that if you download the developers package and something in a 3rd party application messes up your iLiad, then that is not covered under warranty. Any problems with iRex hardware or iRex software are still covered.

Basically, they will not offer warranty repair for problems that somebody else's software caused. But they will still fix their own problems.

The actual statement when you download the developer package says:

Quote:
By clicking the button below, I agree that the use of this package and the installation of my own applications are at my own risk and I accept that iRex Technologies can not take any responsibility for any damage caused to my device, software or data arising through the use of this package.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote