View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #163
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
I would not like to use a writing process that would not allow for immediate changes. Often, as you are writing you will see immediately a better way to phrase something, a more appropriate word to use, a different approach to a situation. Being able to make changes is not simply to enable you to correct typos. For me, the system that you describe would be incredibly limiting and counterproductive. It would stifle creativity, inhibit story development.
I get into different writing moods. Sometimes the words just flow out through my fingertips and I can write 20,000 words in one day (Echo) while other times it's all stops and starts and I end up bringing out the pen and paper (Heroes & Villains). If I'm in a distracted mood, not being able to go back and change things would keep me moving forward. (As in, "I need to get this done so I can go back and fix paragraph four. It's driving me crazy!")

I like Write or Die, but I have to copy and paste into Scrivener to keep all my document together for the times when I need to go back and reread the last bits I wrote. I tried the export function, but it put breaks between every paragraph; if I copy/paste, then it comes out normal without me having to fix anything.

Once I get everything into Scrivener, I copy and paste into LibreOffice. For some reason, when I try to compile I lose any breaks between paragraphs and a lot of my formatting. Annoying, but I can deal with that. Then once in LibreOffice, I edit and can make Word docs for Kindle and Smashwords, and PDF/A's for CreateSpace.

Does anyone know of a program that does everything and isn't super expensive?
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote