View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Cool Pocketbook: No page breaks between chapters.

Oxford eBooks is an eBook devloper and we use a HUGE pile of reader devices to verify that our formatting looks TOP-NOTCH on all readers.

I've got a Pocketbook 360 here for verification tests and find that it does not insert page breaks between chapters on ePUB files.

This is the only reader that I know which fails to do this, which is a great shame.
I've seen some patches to fix this up on this forum, but I really don't think that the general buying public is going to want to trawl through forums to install patches on their device to make their ebooks format properly.

With ePUB being pretty much the TOP format which retailers are selling eBooks.
Is there going to be a fix in the pre-installed firmware for future devices or an official firmware upgrade listed on the Pocketbook website? I'd say this is an absolute MUST-do.

As I say, this is a REAL shame, becuase I absolutely LOVE the reader. It looks great, has some nice features, I love the snap-on snap-off hard cover and of course the potential to devleop applications appeals to me.

I'm in the process of adding some reviews and comparisons of the various readers to our website, but given how much I like the reader I'm going to hold off doignthe Pocketbook review until there's a fix or it'll just kill a great review.

Andy
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote