View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #36
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
True, which is why I'd consider a "user review" to be more impartial than the blurb. When I buy books from Amazon, it's always the user reviews that I read, rather than the publisher's description.
A blurb is not a review. It's an encapsulation of the story framed in such a way as to entice you to read the book. But it is honest because I know exactly why it is there and what purpose it serves.

User reviews can be paid for, coaxed, and generally written for all kinds of reasons that have little to no connection with how much I might or might not enjoy a book. Blurb, plus reading the beginninng of the book and then I'll make my decision. Everything else is just flotsam.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote