View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandathePanda View Post
Is it (if onre use tv lingo) a spin-off like ncis:la is a spin-off, of ncis? Or Anne McCaffrey's dinosaur planet and planet pirate series? Or like Tomb Raider: ten thousand immortals, which follows on from the game.

Tie-in could mean so much. You can have all the Star Trek novels that tie-in with the TV series. The above mentioned Tomb Raider book that tie-in with the computer game. Or McCaffrey's book that tie-in with each other.
I thought tie-in was the generally-understood term for officially licensed fiction with a setting from some other medium, such as film, TV or gaming?

I don't think I'd count sequels by other hands, or shared worlds that are originally prose, like Thieves' World.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote