View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
You might not need the date correct, but the Kindle does need it. It will get confused otherwise. Losing time overnight when you are not watching sounds a lot like a crash while it was busy doing something and got confused. I just restarted my own PW (no crash) and it kept the time correct (airplane mode was on). So it does not have to lose time on a restart, only maybe on some kind of crash.

If the date really doesn't make any difference to you, then I would like you to just see what happens when you set it. Can't hurt right? The next thing to check would be to see if there is still books that need indexing. On home screen search for "." (just a period) - if nothing needs indexing, then you should see no result. If you still have things to index, it might be stuck indexing. There is some mobi books out there that like to crash the indexer, or make it stall. Would have no idea why your PW would crash any other way, especially when you are not doing anything at the time.
I can't set the date, that option isn't available to me. I've checked and it's not indexing, what else could it possibly be doing when it should be asleep? I have never seen it crash, is there a log file stored somewhere I could check?
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote