View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to wait for them to break the law before doing something about it.
http://www.impawards.com/2002/minority_report.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I don't really have an opinion on the settlement itself, but I am curious about one thing. Presumably the companies that have settled think that it's in their best interests to do so. Why are some people so intent on not allowing them to do what they believe is in their best interests?
The objectors realize that once the settlement is approved, the books from the 3 settling publishers (and who knows how many others) will be candidates for discounting while their price-fixed ones won't. So dragging the trial out as they prefer would cost them sales and market share.

As they themselves said in the DOJ-supplied emails, Agency only works if they all do it. That is why they asked B&N to pressure Random House to join the fix.

And that is one way the three settling publishers can recoup their fines.

Swimming with sharks is a risky business.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote