View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #14
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
I mostly agree with the article.

Big chain bookstores are dead meat. B&N is down to 700 locations, Borders has 500, Books-A-Million 200. Waldenbooks, B. Dalton, Crown are gone. Walmart is sucking up the bestseller sales. Specialty and used stores will survive, everything else will go online or digital.

I for one don't have much sentimentality about bookstores. They're about moving product, not making the world a better place. If that's what you're looking for, I'd focus on supporting your local library.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote