View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #75
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
EDIT: One headache in working out this debricking procedure is that novice end users don't know when to go in main mode and when in diag mode, when to push start button and when to stop, things like that just add to the frustration of it... I suggest adding one "just give me something that works" step-by-step instruction (like my 7 steps) that just does the job in the original post.
In retrospect that all makes sense, but for me this is a learning experience as this project is evolving over time into something more refined and easier to use.

I did simplify the post with the snapshots. It original had MANY more screenshots in it. I periodically go back and clean up old posts.

In one post I mentioned that much of the useful content in this thread should probably be moved to a wiki. That would allow it to change easily as new things are discovered. It is a lot harder to clean up a thread, with all the interactive exchanges that usually include portions of previous posts in a quote. I cannot edit mistakes in my text after it is included as a quote in somebody else's post. I really do think *somebody* should make a wiki page based on this (and related) threads.

A *LOT* of my content here is in reponse to other posts, and I add new ideas along the way, to the reply post I am currently creating. When the original post gets too obsolete, I plan to go back and update it. But we do not want that first post to grow too large (like it already is).

At some point, after the first post contents move to a wiki page, I plan to delete most of it and make that post mostly for announcements, downloads, and links to related content.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 09:49 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote