View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #742
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Good grief. Thwts unbelievable. You mean in order to use adobe sdk whatever to read drm books, you have to write your own webkit? I'm amazed it runs as well as it does!

I thought basically the adobe sdk does it all for you and you're writing the UI wrapper.
To clarify, the sdk *is* those C++ libraries I was talking about. We did not have to write it all ourselves -thank goodness. That said, porting those Libraries to work on iOS (Objective C environment), or Android (Java environment) is a substantial task that goes far beyond just UI "wrapper". e.g. making text selection work nicely on iOS still took us weeks of work -after porting the core libraries. Overall, it took a very skilled/experienced team about 1 year to build Bluefire Reader. The point I was trying to make was in relation to your question of why we have challenges with modified versions of the OS that some other apps don't have - which is in part due to the fact that we are not using "built-in" features of iOS for rendering, and the code is a complex mix of C++ and Objective C code.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote