View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Changing title shown in K display?

So let me get this straight.

Kindle displays the title & authors I see on the home screen by reading from the metadata embedded in the book format itself, not from the file structure. So templates in calibre don't work to change them, for example, to add series info to the title. So the only way to change them is to change the actual title or authors metadata in calibre or other software, embed those changed fields back into the format with a conversion, then reload the changed format back to the Kindle.

Is that correct?

If so, that's one of the few things I don't like about my Kindle. Does anyone know if Amazon is working on upgrades to better handle that, not to mention the K's lousy management of collections?
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote