View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Is this an end around or precursor of in ebook active ads?

I was just reading the thread in the Kindle section about the new social media integration feature where you can tweet and/or post to your facebook page after finishing your book. Well I suppose you can use it at anytime and often while reading the book but the link is there at the end.

Link to Kindle specific thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124402

Here was my observation:
Quote:
I actually agree that it's likely a fun thing for the twatters and facebook users out there. I don't use either because, well I just don't get the attraction. A comedian the other night described twitter as something along the lines of twitter being a way to gossip about people and facebook as a way to stalk and spy on people. hehehehe....

But I just have the activation turned off and actually have never noticed, I'll certainly look at a few books. But it's nothing to me if it's there. But consider this, obviously this might be the first step toward ads in our ebooks. I imagine both twitter and facebook are PAYING to have this level of access. Publishers might also be ponying up some cash for the feature as well
Does it make sense this would be a really interesting way for both publishers or at the very least for device makers to both profit and subsidize the cost of the devices, 3g and other such features?

I am the first to admit I absolutely do not understand how to use either feature in a positive fashion to promote a business. However it obviously works or both would not have gown as they have. so what do others think? Is the maybe a way to get those people who use either or both of these services to advertise books for them via the time tested viral marketing of word of mouth. I see it as a very unobtrusive compromise to active in-book ads.

And before forming an opinion consider the recent thread here on MR speculating on free Kindles by year's end:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124173

Maybe this is part of that plan that will enable Amazon to offer the free Kindle devices to Prime account holders who also have Twitter and/or Facebook accounts?
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote