View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd suggest "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. It, and "Bleak House" are my favourite Dickens' books, but I suspect that "Bleak House" is too long for many readers.

GE is an absolutely wonderful story, and not in the least bit "heavy", as Jon requests .
So is that a "second" for Bleak House or just a "mention"?

BTW: Since certainly we should have a Dickens on this months vote list I will second daffy's Tale of Two Cities.

BOb

BTW: I am adding the thrice nominated books to the first post. If I have missed any please ameliorate.