View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #52
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
If I cared more about this I would be interested in reading the actual study when it's released, because the press release pretty much said nothing more than "researchers say DRM not good."

I do find the following quote a bit odd coming from a person who is supposed to have conducted academic research..

Haha. Gee whiz, I wonder if the study is riddled with confirmation bias.
Got it in one. The Ars Technica article is instructive. The commenters so completely debunked the article that even the anti DRM crowd stopped defending it by the end of page 2. At worst, this " paper" is a thought experiment, and a thought experiment by itself proves nothing. At best, it's self serving rhetoric dressed up as science.
There are just better grounds for anti DRM arguments than this, frankly. Let's move on.

I'm off to unpack after moving, so everyone have a great time attacking me in my absence and rehashing anti DRM arguments. TTFN.