View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 AM   #92
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
It seems that Handmark sells a few Oxford dictionaries on the Market. The OED and the American w/thesarus are there, but the Consice OED doesn't seem to be available any more. Like I said before, it appears that you have to use these standalone, which isn't very convenient when reading an ebook.

https://market.android.com/search?q=oxford&so=1&c=apps

From what I can tell, it looks like Handmark just put an Android app wrapper around the old Palmpilot database dictionary files. That being the case, I don't see why a lookup couldn't be done from within an Android ereader. I used to have that capability many years ago on a Windows PDA.

I'm not stuck on the OED necessarily. I do want whatever dictionary is used to be very comprehensive, including archaic and uncommon words.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote