View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Robertb, your thread was not removed, it was simply moved to the Astak forum. PilotBob told you several days ago that he would make a front-page announcement when the Astak devices start shipping, if you let him know when that is. There is no reason to duplicate this announcement and since the devices have not yet started shipping, there is no real news. Please do not post the same thing multiple times ; that is considered spamming.
I've tried not to get too worked up about the supposed/possble anit-Astak bias, as it's generally not my business and Robert, being a sales guy, CAN get a bit over-enthusiastic at times. AND I have to agree that the Robert should have waited until the units were ACTUALLY shipping before posting the 'news' item.

BUT... I have to take issue with your comment above that NEWS should be posted ONLY in the Astak forum (since we now HAVE an Astak specific forum), and upon notification and acceptance by the moderators, the news item will be put on the front page.

The reason I take issue, is simple: There is also a SONY section. Yet the News section is filled with nothing but Sony 'news' (actually most of it is speculation, wishful dreaming, etc). If, once a manufacturer has a specific "forum of their own" on MR, there can no longer be ANY posts about that manufacturer to the News section, then the News section will be pretty empty, and there will no longer be any posts about Kindle, Sony, etc there either.

Yes, Robert jumped the gun. But when the devices DO actually start shipping, that is just as valid news as the fact that Sony has updated firmware for devices that they have barely even started shipping (or any other Sony news).

Hopefully, that is really what you meant, and I'm just misinterpreting what you said.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote