View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #26
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The patience and thoroughness of this poster (and the urge to "update as things unfold") is very reminiscent of the originator of the previous thread.

I'm just sayin' that it seems a bit too much to believe that two extremely patient people (who never seem to get ruffled by doubting thomases) would come to MobileRead and calmly document their terribly frustrating experience of trying to get their Amazon account reinstated—in an almost identical manner.

If visibility is the goal, wouldn't the Kindle forums make more sense?

I guess I really don't get the motivation to "bring the show here."

...unless this is some new form of performance art/psychology project?
You know... the thought you express crossed my mind as well.
But there is some value in the benefit of the doubt.
From all I hear, something is fishy about Amazon's actions. They clearly are pretty heavy-handed and, well, I don't find it hard to believe that, occasionally, they make mistakes. Everybody does. The problem is that, when dealing with an impersonal, huge entity like Amazon, the occasional mistake can get lost in bureaucracy and never get fixed.

In other words... could the poster be a troll? Yes. Do we have proof of that? No. So accusations are, in my view, unwarranted.

At the cost of being naive, I wish the OP the best of luck with their situation.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote