View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #22
atanner
atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
If the success of your publications really is measured in the hundreds, then I'd suggest that you look into social DRM. Set up a work-flow so that you customise each and every ebook you sell for that customer - big visible well-designed bookplate at the beginning, giving customers name, a scanned signature of the author, a serial number for the book, date date purchase, etc. Encode other information invisibly throughout the book (if an ePub there are all sorts of ways to do that.). Make a mention that any piracy of a book can and will be traced back to the original purchaser.
The post that made us say "Ahhhhhhh"....!!!

Brother you hit the nail right on the head!

We all looked at each other like..."OK, we're done here. Let's now go and do it".

We were looking at this e-n-t-i-r-e-l-y the wrong way...great great great idea!

We need to discuss this point with the client, but unless there is a very particular reason, I can't see how this is not THE solution!

Many thanks!!!

atanner is offline   Reply With Quote