View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
If you publish the thing in one piece, you can define page-breaks with the css, but this will cost you some effort as well.
Yes, I have a pagebreak before every chapter and before each front-matter "page." They work fine on the epub, both as uploaded to the Kindle plaatform and to Barnes & Noble.

"cost me some effort" -- what effort? It's already there in the underlying html file that I prepare for the Kindle edition.

I find it hard to believe that a plain-vanilla e-ink Kindle is all that much more sophisticated than the other readers out there. My Kindles don't have any problem with even the biggest of my books, say a 400KB html file and six or ten 127KB jpegs.
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote